From an Orthodox Perspective
Deacon Haralambos Joiner of Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Greenville, SC posted these points for reflection back in 2009...they remain just as pertinent today!
1. Praying Daily: Have a regular prayer rule that includes morning and evening prayer.
2. Worshiping and Participating in Sacraments: Attend and participate in the Divine Liturgy receiving Holy Communion regularly as well as regular participation in Confession.
3. Honoring the Liturgical Cycle of the Church: Follow the seasons of the church and participate in the fasts and feasts of the Church.
4. Using the Jesus Prayer: Repeat the Holy name whenever possible throughout the day or night.
5. Slowing Down and Ordering Your Life: Set priorities and reduce the stress and friction caused by a hurried life.
6. Being Watchful: Give full attention to what you are doing at the moment.
7. Taming the Passions: Overcome your habits, attachment to your likes and dislikes, and learn to practice the virtues.. Putting Others First: Free yourself from your selfishness and find joy in helping others.
9. Spiritual Fellowship: Spend time regularly with other Orthodox Christians for support and inspiration.:
10. Reading the Scriptures and Holy Fathers: Be inspired by the lessons of the Holy Scriptures, the wisdom of the Holy Fathers and the lives of the Saints of the Church.
Blessed New Year to All from the Brotherhood of St. Tikhon's Monastery
Ten Resolutions for the New Year12/31/21From an Orthodox Perspective
January News & Events12/29/21The final days of Nativity and the coming of Theophany start the New Year
Merry Christmas to Everyone12/24/21Nativity Greetings from the Brotherhood