From an Orthodox Perspective
Deacon Haralambos Joiner of Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Greenville, SC posted these points for reflection back in 2009...they remain just as pertinent today!
1. Praying Daily: Have a regular prayer rule that includes morning and evening prayer.
2. Worshiping and Participating in Sacraments: Attend and participate in the Divine Liturgy receiving Holy Communion regularly as well as regular participation in Confession.
3. Honoring the Liturgical Cycle of the Church: Follow the seasons of the church and participate in the fasts and feasts of the Church.
4. Using the Jesus Prayer: Repeat the Holy name whenever possible throughout the day or night.
5. Slowing Down and Ordering Your Life: Set priorities and reduce the stress and friction caused by a hurried life.
6. Being Watchful: Give full attention to what you are doing at the moment.
7. Taming the Passions: Overcome your habits, attachment to your likes and dislikes, and learn to practice the virtues.. Putting Others First: Free yourself from your selfishness and find joy in helping others.
9. Spiritual Fellowship: Spend time regularly with other Orthodox Christians for support and inspiration.:
10. Reading the Scriptures and Holy Fathers: Be inspired by the lessons of the Holy Scriptures, the wisdom of the Holy Fathers and the lives of the Saints of the Church.
Blessed New Year to All from the Brotherhood of St. Tikhon's Monastery
December News & Events11/29/23The Feast of Nativity brings joy to close out 2023
2023 Fall Newsletter11/26/23The newsletter and personal note from Archmandrite Sergius to close out 2023.
Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good!11/21/23Make the Thanksgiving celebration a daily event in your life.